In case you didn’t already have enough to consider during this hectic time of relocating, here are 21 more items from us…
1. Your vehicle must be operable. If not, additional fees or methods may apply. Note: We cannot accommodate inoperable vehicles on most routes.
2. You must advise us of any modifications made to your vehicle such as 4×4-lift kit, oversize tires, camper shell, vehicle lowered, etc.
3. Your vehicle may not exceed 6’6” in height and must have a minimum of 6” ground clearance to safely load and unload you vehicle. Otherwise, it must be shipped on a different type of trailer and there is an additional fee for this.
4. We must have a working phone number where you may be reached throughout the duration of your vehicle relocation.
5. Your transit time will vary depending on the distance. When you receive your quote you will also receive the typical transit time for your specific move.
Preparing Your Vehicle for Shipment
6. The vehicle must have no obvious fluid leaks.
7. Your battery must be secure in the mounting bracket.
8. The vehicle must be clean for inspection. A dirty vehicle decreases the ability to perform a quality inspection.
9. The gas tank must have a minimum of (1/8) tank of fuel, but no more than (1/4/) tank of fuel.
10. All after market alarms systems must be disconnected, disabled, or turned off. Remember, the driver will need your remote.
11. Radios, cassette decks or CD players not built in, garage door openers, and Fast Track/E-Z pass must be removed from vehicle.
12. If possible antennas must be fully retracted or removed.
13. All personal belongings must be removed (except standard vehicle items such as the jack and spare tire).
14. All exterior spare tire covers, grill covers, or car covers must be removed.
15. Plants and hazardous materials are forbidden by law to be transported.
16. One set of ALL keys for the vehicle must be provided.
17. Non-permanent luggage racks, bike racks, or ski racks must be removed.
18. Your vehicle must be prepared for the new climate. This may include engine coolant, transmission oil, and other fluids.
Vehicle Inspection Requirements
19. You or your designated representative must be present for the inspection at the time of pick-up and delivery.
20. You or your designated representative must sign the bill of lading and condition report at both origin and destination.
21. You or your designated representative is responsible for confirming your vehicle’s condition. This must be done before the driver leaves the destination. Damage will be noted by you or our representative on the bill of lading.